I’ve been challenged to blog a generic approach for an end to end delivery of an ERP solution.
My approach is supported by the methodology of Prince2, in the audit phase I’m using a Business Process Management Step.
The change mngt is governed by PROSCI / ADKAR.
This blog is being based on a hand full of ERP implementations which I’ve managed in Belgium, Netherlands, France and Switzerland.
- Define “as-is or current state” and “to-be or future state”
- Develop evaluation criteria as part of the vendor software selection process
- Create RFPs for software vendors and business consultants
- Define project cost, budget, and resource requirements
- Gain executive buy-in, support, and alignment
- Develop the most appropriate implementation strategy and project plan
- set-up the SLAs, KPIs, ROI, not to forget the “What’s in it for me”
- Assess organisational and implementation readiness
- Develop and implement an organisational change plan
- Create a business case and performance measures to track ROI
- Provide independent, third-party oversight of system integrator deliverables
Phase : Execution
- case : implementation done by an external solution provider
- case : implementation done by custom made
Phase : Transition
- Live run of the processes
- Conduct Pilot
- Collect metrics to be achieved (SLAs, KPIs, stakeholders satisfaction)
- Assess and improve